BOUJEE 101: Kimora’s Guide to Budget-Friendly Fashion

Transforming A Blanket Into A Fuzzy Dress -Beginner D.I.Y.

Aloha and welcome back! Today, we are going to discuss some of my personal ways to be a budget-conscious fashionista. I strongly believe in style not being determined by the size of one’s wallet but by the creativity and flair they brings to their wardrobe. The art of shopping on a budget allows you to be CHIC without breaking the bank.


  • Mix and Match:

This is one of my favorite ways to piece together a look and build a versatile wardrobe. By investing in versatile pieces that can be paired in multiple ways, it allows me to create a wardrobe that feels new, dynamic, and creative without having to buy something new or expensive. Think colorful tank tops, crop tops, mini skirts, basic shirts, and timeless accessories that effortlessly add versatility to your look.


  • Treasure Store: Vintage Finds and “Hand Me Downs”

I advocate for the thrill of thrifting and receiving hand-me-downs. There's always been something special about receiving clothing from one of your older siblings or friends; it always has great potential to be a one-of-a-kind piece of clothing due to its longevity. Treasure stores are fashion havens for unique pieces that add character to your wardrobe. By being wallet-conscious, you never know what gems you may unearth; again, they always have the potential to be ONE OF A KIND.


  • DIY Personalization:

I find this to be one of the ways I use frequently when aiming to embrace my inner creativity the most when it comes to fashion, whether it’s simple alterations like using my sewing kit or cutting the sleeves off of something.


Shopping on a budget and/or DIYing it shouldn’t compromise your style. I strongly encourage all of my previously said methods to become a wallet-conscious fashionista. Embrace your budget-friendly chic with confidence!


Stay stylish, 

Kimora Shepard

KIMology N’ Fashion



SOURCES: 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/211174974519868/


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/738168195202557707/


https://americanprofile.com/articles/what-is-a-thrift-store/


https://www.pinterest.com/pin/6333255720456309/

Comments

  1. I thought this was a powerful exploration of the African American influence on fashion! From the Harlem Renaissance to the present day, your historical journey beautifully highlights the resilience, creativity, and cultural pride that have shaped fashion. From Diana Ross' glamorous gowns to hip-hop's influence on streetwear, the connections between music, civil rights, and fashion are vividly illustrated. Particularly exciting is the emphasis on the natural hair movement. Your post is a reminder of the enormous impact that fashion has on cultural expression and social change.
    It would be wonderful if we could shine a light on this important story and become a world that proudly embraces our individuality. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE vintage finds! Hand me downs arent always a bad thing, you can find so many good things with them and thrift shopping!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Embracing the Influence of My African American Mother and Big Sisters

Biva Beauty Boutique and it's contribution to fashion and African American culture throughout Topeka Kansas

ABOUT ME: